Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Melt my Heart...

The Traynum house was attacked by the stomach bug last week...
In the midst of all the chaos, my boys still continued to melt my heart.
Here are a few things I am writing down so that I don't forget:

1. Cooper, on his own, decided that he needed to "spit" in the potty. So whenever he needed to "spit" that is where he went. Well, during one of his episodes he didn't make it and threw up in the hallway. He later said to me: "Mommy, I am sorry I didn't make it to the potty. It just came out in the hall." Poor little guy...

2. We were eating dinner Sat. night and I was not feeling good. Here is our conversation:
Cooper: "Mommy, do you want to lay down with me and watch "Lightning" (aka Cars)?"
Me: "Sure, honey. That sounds great. Let me finish my applesauce first."
Cooper: "Ok, Mommy. Let's go."
After a few minutes, I get up and go lay down on the couch.
Cooper: "Oh Mommy, let me get you a pillow. The sofa is cold."
Me: "Awww...thank you Buddy. You are so sweet."
Cooper grabs a pillow and puts it under my head.
I lay down, and Cooper sits behind me.
Cooper starts rubbing my arms and back.
Cooper: "Mommy, I am petting you."
All of a sudden, it hits me and I run to the bathroom.
I didn't think Cooper would follow me, but he did. I saw him out the corner of my eye getting upset as he watched me "spit"--
He proceeded to go tell Steven what was going on...
I love that boy. It melts my heart that he is already so sweet and caring at such a young age.

3. Yesterday at lunch, Cooper said over and over again "Mommy, you are a hard worker." Haha... I don't know where he learned that, but it sure made me feel good! :) He continued to tell me that I was so sweet and that he loved me...

4. I just love my boys. They love and hug on me constantly. Man, they make me feel so special, and make me realize how blessed I truly am.

No comments: